CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Signs of Autism
1. Does not reach developmental milestones on time. Each child develops differently. Some children will crawl at four months while others will not until they are several months older. This can be perfectly normal. The problem starts when every milestone is much later than usual. If your child is not meeting the developmental stages talk with their doctor.
2. Child does not talk. Children learn to talk at different ages. Some will start talking very young while others will just start blurting out whole sentences one day. This can be very normal. However if your child does not have any babbling type talk by the age of one this could be a cause for concern. Most children will says some words by the time they are sixteen months. If your child is not ask their doctor if they think an evaluation is necessary.
3. No eye contact. Most babies and children will look at you when you are talking to them. Autistic children will often not give you eye contact. It will appear they are looking off into a daze instead of paying attention to you. They will not point to objects. They will not look at something you are trying to show them. Instead they look past it.
4. Child does not show emotion. Autistic children often do not show any emotion. They do not smile back when a person smiles at them. They do not show any cares when someone around them is expressing pain, or crying. The Autistic child does not usually like to be held or cuddled. They will not reach up for their parents to hold them.
5. Likes to play by their self. The Autistic child usually will play alone. They feel more comfortable being by them self. They have a hard time making friends. They do not know how to relate to other kids. They do not understand when another child is joking with them. They take everything said to them literally.
6. The child loses skills the knew. The child may have learned to talk and then it seems as if they forgot how. They can learn a new skill and then a week later have no idea how to do it. Autistic children often lose skills they have learned.
These are just a few of the signs of Autism. If you notice any of them in your children talk to their doctor. All children with Autism will not have every sign. Getting them diagnosed as soon as possible will allow treatment to begin sooner. Getting your child evaluated as soon as you suspect a problem is very important. Even if there is nothing wrong it is better to be safe. The earlier treatment can be started the better for the child.
Selected ArticlesWhat Are The Signs Of Aspergers Syndrome
Autistic Children Need Schedules
Traveling With An Autistic Child
How Autism Is Treated
Melatonin Helps Autistic Children Sleep
Gluten Free Diet
Tips For Celebrating Holidays With Your Autistic Child
How To Cope As A Parent Of An Autistic Child
Autism And The School System
How PDD-NOS Is Diagnosed
Let Your Autistic Child Be A Kid
Signs Of Persuasive Developmental Disorder
What Is Persuasive Developmental Disorder
Dairy Free Diet To Treat Autism
Tips For Getting Your Autistic Child Photographed
Is My Child Autistic
Signs Of Autism
Medicine Used To Treat Autism
What Causes Autism
Potty Training An Autistic Child
Alternative Treatments For Autism
Can Autism Be Cured
How Autism Is Diagnosed